Charge your wand and wand box
Your Harry Potter: Magic Caster Wand and wand box are both rechargeable. Charge your wand in its wand box with the included USB-C charging cable and a USB 5V/1A-2A wall charger (not included).
If your wand doesn't light up when you pick it up, your wand may need to be charged.
In the Magic Caster Wand mobile app you'll find the battery level at the top of the screen (a circle or a triangle icon).
What the icon means
Your wand is connected and fully charged. If the circle has 2 segments, the battery is about 60%. The circle colour changes to red when the battery gets low.
Your wand is connected and partially charged. When the circle has 1 segment, the battery is about 30% and needs to be charged.
Your wand is disconnected. On iOS, tap the disconnected triangle icon to reconnect the app to your wand. On Android or iOS, choose the Devices icon , choose Wand and then Connect. Once your wand is connected, the circle will indicate the battery level.
Can't connect? If your wand is nearby and won't connect, make sure Bluetooth is turned on. If your wand still won't connect, see Can't connect my Magic Caster Wand.
Your wand is charging.
Charge your wand and wand box together. Here's how:
- Plug your Magic Caster Wand into the built-in USB port inside your wand box.
- Plug the USB-C end of the charging cable into the port on the side of your wand box.
- Plug the USB end of the charging cable into a USB wall charger (not included). A USB wall charger has a USB socket and plug.
A red light appears beside the USB-C port when the wand box is charging.
You can also open the Magic Caster Wand mobile app and take note of the icon at the top of the screen. The Charging icon means your wand is charging.
If your wand or wand box won't charge, see the Troubleshooting section below.
Your wand and wand box should take about 2 hours to charge.
- To minimise battery usage, force close the Magic Caster Wand app or disconnect your wand when you're done using it.
- Always charge your wand in the wand box. If your wand box is fully charged, you can charge your wand in the box without connecting the box to a wall outlet.
- Once your wand is fully charged, you can unplug the wand box.
Your wand and wand box should take about 2 hours to charge. If your wand or won't charge, here are some things to try:
- Make sure you're using the USB-C charging cable that came with your wand.
- Disconnect and reconnect the USB-C charging cable from the port on the side of the wand box. A red light appears beside the USB-C port while the box is charging.
- Make sure the charging port is free of lint and dust.
- Try using a different USB 5V/1A-2A wall charger.
- Try another wall outlet or power source.
Still won't charge? Try the steps in the Wand box won't charge section below.
If your wand or wand box isn't charging, here are some things to try.
- Remove the wand from the wand box, and charge the wand box on its own for 2 hours. If you see a red light next to the USB-C port, your wand box is charging.
- Place your wand back in its wand box to charge for 30 minutes or until the red charging light on the wand box turns off.
- Open the Magic Caster Wand mobile app, choose Devices , Wand, and then choose Disconnect.
- Force close and reopen the app (swipe up from the bottom of the Magic Caster Wand screen and pause in the middle of the screen, then swipe up on the app to close it). For Android steps, go to Force close the app.
- Choose Connect New Wand to reconnect your wand.