Set up your Magic Caster Wand
Welcome to the Harry Potter: Magic Caster Wand! Here's what you need to do to start casting spells with your Magic Caster Wand.
Your wand comes in an interactive wand box. When you open the wand box, Hedwig's Theme plays. Inside the wand box you'll find:
- Your Magic Caster Wand
- A USB-C charging cable (in the lid)
- A Quick Start Guide (in the lid)
Next, pick up your wand. When you do this, your wand should light up.
Now, you're ready to set up your wand.
First, you need to install the Magic Caster Wand mobile app. Choose your device type:
Do one of the following:
- Quick Start Guide: Scan the QR code on the Quick Start Guide with your phone's camera (or go to harrypottermagiccasterwand.com/welcome), then choose App Store.
- Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch: On your Apple device, open the App Store and search for Magic Caster Wand. Then, select Harry Potter: Magic Caster Wand and choose the download option.
Do one of the following:
- Quick Start Guide: Scan the QR code on the Quick Start Guide with your phone's camera (or go to harrypottermagiccasterwand.com/welcome), then choose Google Play.
- Android phone or tablet: On your Android device, open the Play Store and search for Magic Caster Wand. Then, select Harry Potter: Magic Caster Wand and choose the download option.
Set up your wand
Now, set up your wand using the Magic Caster Wand mobile app:
- Open the Magic Caster Wand mobile app.
(Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the internet.)
- Hold your wand and choose Yes on the Welcome screen.
If the Welcome screen doesn't appear: Choose the Devices icon , Wand > Connect New Wand, and then Connect New Wand again.
- To set up your wand, you'll need to turn on Bluetooth and grant permissions.
Choose your device type:iOS
- Grant Bluetooth Access: Choose Continue to give your wand permission to connect to Bluetooth and then choose OK.
- Turn on Bluetooth: If prompted choose Settings, turn on Bluetooth, then choose the Back arrow to return to the Welcome screen.
- Turn on Bluetooth: If not selected, choose Turn on Bluetooth, and then choose the Back arrow to return to the Welcome screen.
- Grant Bluetooth Access: Choose Grant Bluetooth Access and then choose Allow.
- Grant Location Access: Choose Grant Location Access to allow the Magic Caster Wand app to access your device's location. Choose Precise (if available) and While using the app.
A wand needs a wizard's touch to properly calibrate. Make sure you're holding your wand when you pair it.
- Choose Press here to pair. The app will search for your wand.
Can't connect wand?
- Choose Yes if the tip of your wand is blue.
- To connect Muggle devices (compatible smart lights, Bluetooth speakers, and TV devices), choose Connect. Choose Skip to do this later.
Note Connecting to smart devices (e.g. smart lights) isn't available with child accounts.
You'll enter Ollivanders and be asked to wave and then wiggle your wand. Then, hold your wand at the ready. Here's how:
- Grasp your wand between your thumb and index finger (thumb on top, and index finger on bottom) and hold your wand out in front of you. The Wand Status icon at the top of screen changes to blue when your grip is correct.
You can run the wand ceremony (iOS only) again or review the tutorial video.
- iOS: Choose the Devices icon , choose Wand, then scroll down and choose Tutorial or Ceremony.
- Android: Choose the Spellbook icon , choose a spell, then scroll down and choose Having Trouble Casting Spells?
Now, it's time to cast your first spell: Lumos.
- Thumb down: Grasp your wand between your thumb and index finger (thumb on top, and index finger on bottom). Your wand lights up when your grip is correct.
- Form the spell: Move your wand in the air to match the on-screen spell gesture.
- Thumb up: Lift your thumb. (If you're having trouble casting the spell, try lifting your thumb and index finger at the same time.)
The screen shows you your spell gesture. Once you successfully cast the Lumos spell, you can choose X to leave the tutorial or choose View Spell (or Go to the Spellbook) to open the spell in the Spellbook
Create an account to cast spells and earn points.