Cast smart light spells
The Harry Potter: Magic Caster Wand can interact with Philips Hue and LIFX smart lights. You'll see a magical light effect whenever you cast a spell.
Note Connecting to smart devices (e.g. smart lights) isn't available with child accounts at this time.
Before you begin
Make sure you've connected your smart lights. If you need help, see our step-by-step instructions on How to connect Muggle devices. Once connected, you're ready to cast spells.
Cast a smart light spell
You can cast a spell to turn your smart lights on or off:
- Lumos Maxima: Turns on a smart light.
- Nox: Turns off a smart light or the tip of the Magic Caster Wand.
Here's how to cast the Lumos Maxima spell:
- Connect your smart lights to the Magic Caster Wand mobile app.
- In the Magic Caster Wand mobile app, choose the Spellbook icon .
- Choose Lumos Maxima. The animation shows the motion you need to make with your wand.
- Make the motion with your wand (hold your wand at the ready, make the motion, and then lift your thumb). If you need help, see the Troubleshooting section in Cast spells.
- If your spell is successful, your connected smart light should turn on.
Discover magical light effects
Every spell in the Spellbook has a magical light effect. For example:
- Colovaria: Changes your smart light to another colour.
- Orchideous: Makes your smart light pulse different colours.
- Scourgify: Changes your smart light to a white light (if the light were another colour).
- Ventus: Changes your smart light to red.
Note Colour-capable smart bulbs are required for spells. See Compatible smart lights.